This recipe started as a challenge.
I didn’t agree.
I must admit I didn’t think Toblerone would work in a mousse but I thought let’s give it a go.
I was proved so wrong!
Toblerone Mousse is in fact amazing.
The almond nougat pieces become a gorgeous chewy addition to the smooth creamy mousse.
If you’re a Toblerone lover or a chocolate fanatic then this ones for you!
2oz Caster Sugar
100mls Double Cream
1. Melt the Toblerone in a bowl over boiling water then stir in the butter until melted. Leave to one side to cool.
2. Whisk the egg yolks & sugar until pale and fluffy. Stir into the COOLED chocolate mixture.
3. In separate bowls, whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks.
4. Then whisk the double cream to soft peaks.
5. Fold the egg whites then the cream gently into the chocolate mixture until combined.
6. Put into cups or ramekins and chill for a few hours to set.
This can be made the night before & left to set in the fridge overnight.
Serve up the delicious dessert with an extra triangle of Toblerone.
Or don’t give any hints as to what chocolate is hidden in the mousse and let your guests guess.