Strawberries And Cream Cheesecake
Wimbledon fever is upon the Snap Happy Bakes headquarters.
In true Wimbledon style I’m bringing out the strawberries and cream.
But it’s no ordinary bowl of strawberries and cream, but a delightful, light, creamy cheesecake with a sweet strawberry coulis oozing over the top.
We’re into the second week of Wimbledon now and the competition is heating up.
So it’s perfect timing to bring out a stunning plate of Strawberries and Cream Cheesecake to wow the crowd.
Let the game begin…
For The Base
400g/14oz digestive biscuits
1. Blitz the digestive biscuits in a food processor until they resemble a fine crumb.
2. Melt the butter and then tip in the crushed digestives.
3. Mix together until the biscuit crumb is evenly coated.
For The Creamy Layer
600g/21oz soft cheese
200g/8oz icing sugar
Seeds of 1 vanilla pod
400mls/13floz double cream, lightly whipped
1. Put the soft cheese, icing sugar and seeds of 1 vanilla pod into a bowl and mix the ingredients together.
2. Add in the lightly whipped cream and stir in.
30 – 0
For The Strawberry Coulis
100g/4oz caster sugar
1. Wash and chop the strawberries, taking off the green heads.
2. Put the water and sugar into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
3. Boil gently until the sugar has dissolved.
4. Add in the fruit and stir for 2-3 minutes or until the fruit is soft.
5. Pop the fruity liquid into a blender and blitz until a fine sauce consistency.
The End Result
1. Take the cheesecake out of the fridge and remove from the springform tin and place onto serving plate. (Or pop the ramekins onto a serving plate).
2. Drizzle over the strawberry coulis and serve an ACE.
|Serve with some strawberries and a couple of tennis balls|
This calls for a celebration…
Has anyone else gone Wimbledon mad at the moment?!