Wimbledon fever is upon the Snap Happy Bakes headquarters.
In true Wimbledon style I’m bringing out the strawberries and cream.
But it’s no ordinary bowl of strawberries and cream, but a delightful, light, creamy cheesecake with a sweet strawberry coulis oozing over the top.
We’re into the second week of Wimbledon now and the competition is heating up.
So it’s perfect timing to bring out a stunning plate of Strawberries and Cream Cheesecake to wow the crowd.
Let the game begin…
For The Base
400g/14oz digestive biscuits
1. Blitz the digestive biscuits in a food processor until they resemble a fine crumb.
2. Melt the butter and then tip in the crushed digestives.
3. Mix together until the biscuit crumb is evenly coated.
For The Creamy Layer
600g/21oz soft cheese
200g/8oz icing sugar
Seeds of 1 vanilla pod
400mls/13floz double cream, lightly whipped
1. Put the soft cheese, icing sugar and seeds of 1 vanilla pod into a bowl and mix the ingredients together.
2. Add in the lightly whipped cream and stir in.
30 – 0
For The Strawberry Coulis
100g/4oz caster sugar
1. Wash and chop the strawberries, taking off the green heads.
2. Put the water and sugar into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
3. Boil gently until the sugar has dissolved.
4. Add in the fruit and stir for 2-3 minutes or until the fruit is soft.
5. Pop the fruity liquid into a blender and blitz until a fine sauce consistency.
The End Result
1. Take the cheesecake out of the fridge and remove from the springform tin and place onto serving plate. (Or pop the ramekins onto a serving plate).
2. Drizzle over the strawberry coulis and serve an ACE.
|Serve with some strawberries and a couple of tennis balls|
This calls for a celebration…
Has anyone else gone Wimbledon mad at the moment?!