For when a snack attack hits.
Make these Snack Happy Bars in under an hour.
Stuff them full of nuts, seeds, some dried fruit & oats and you’ll have a snack that’ll blow your mind!
I’ve not made a batch I didn’t like yet.
Substitute in any variety of nuts, seeds, dried fruit or puffed rice.
Snack Happy Bars
1 x 390ml tin of condensed milk
12oz dried fruit & nuts (I used 5oz glace cherries, 4 oz dried apricots & 3oz pecans)
8oz rolled oats
3oz seeds (I used 1oz flax seed, 1oz sunflower seed & 1oz pumpkin seed)
makes 16 squares or bars
1. Preheat the oven to 160C/Gas 3/325F. Grease a 9x13in baking tin.
2. Roughly chop all the dried fruit and nuts.
3. Slowly heat the condensed milk in a large heavy saucepan and gently bring to the boil. Take it off the heat & tip in the dried fruit, nuts & seeds. Mix until all evenly coated.
4. Tip all the mixture into the tin and level off the surface. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until a golden brown colour.
5. Remove from the oven & leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then cut into 16 bars or squares and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Happy snacking 🙂