I found this stashed away in a Good Food Cook Book and I have not looked back since. It makes the most sumptuous cookie, good enough to rival anything from those fancy pants cookie shops.
I have of course tweaked the recipe slightly to make the cookies even more chewy in the middle.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4/fan 160C.
2. Beat 200g/8oz of butter and 200g/8oz light muscovado sugar together until light and creamy.
4. Work in 150g/6oz of self raising flour.
5. Then stir in approx 170g/6oz smarties with another 150g/6oz self raising flour (300g/12oz in total).
|Now you see them…..|
6. Work the dough together with your fingers.
|Now you don’t!|
9. Bake for approximately 18 minutes until pale golden at the edges.
10. Leave to cool on the trays for a few minutes then transfer to a wire rack.
|Oh how right you are Rowntree’s!|