Raspberry & White Chocolate Cake
To celebrate a friends birthday I’ve decided to make my Raspberry & White Chocolate Cake!
8oz Caster Sugar
4 Eggs, lightly beaten
8oz Self Raising Flour
8oz Icing Sugar
2oz White Chocolate Chunks
8oz Raspberries, washed
8oz White Chocolate, broken up
100mls Double Cream
1. Make the ganache by heating the cream in a saucepan over a medium heat until just before the boil. Take off the heat and tip in the white chocolate. Stir until all melted. Leave to cool in the fridge.
2. To make the coulis put the water and sugar into a saucepan and heat until all the sugar has dissolved. Tip in the raspberries and boil until the fruit is soft, approx 2-3 minutes. Let the fruity liquid cool a little then blitz it in a blender. Finally, sieve the liquid to take out all the raspberry seeds. Leave the coulis to one side to cool completely.
3. Preheat the oven to 190/170fan/gas 5. Line 2x20 cm round cake tins with baking parchment. Then start on the cake. Cream the margarine and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Add in the eggs and a little of the flour and fold. Then add in the remaining flour and fold until all combined. Add in the milk until the mixture is a dropping consistency. Spoon the mixture equally into the 2 cake tins and pop into the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Once the cakes are cooked turn out onto cooling racks and leave to cool completely.
4. Whilst the cakes are cooling make the butter icing. Beat together the margarine and icing sugar until all combined. You can use a hand held mixer to get a good finish on the icing. Tip in the chocolate chips and stir.
5. Once the cake is cooled it is ready to assemble. Spread the butter icing onto one of the cakes. Then spread over a good amount of the coulis. Pop the other half of the cake on top.
6. Take the ganache out of the fridge and whisk with a hand held mixer until just firm, approx 1 minute. Be careful not to over whisk as the cream will separate. Spread the ganache on top of the cake and decorate with left over raspberries and shavings of white chocolate.