How do you like your jackets?
I like mine stuffed full of salty pancetta, juicy mushrooms and onions. Topped off with a layer of grilled cheesy Parmesan….
You will need:
3-4 Jacket Potatoes, baked
1 Red Onion, chopped
100g Parmesan, grated
makes 3-4 stuffed jackets
depending on the size of the potato
All you need to do is:
1. Bake the jacket potatoes. I wash them, score them with a knife and pop into a microwave on high for 5 minutes. Then place into a hot oven 200/180 fan/Gas Mark 6 for 30-45 minutes until the skins are golden and crispy and the potato soft and fluffy.
2. Fry the pancetta in a pan until golden brown.
3. Scoop out the pancetta and set to one side leaving its oils in the pan.
4. Add the onion to the pan and fry until soft, add extra oil if needed.
5. Add the mushrooms and pop the pancetta back in and fry for few minutes until mushrooms cooked.
6. Then prepare the baked potatoes by scooping out the potato innards and placing in a bowl. Try not to go through the potato skins otherwise the filling may escape!
7. Mash the potato slightly using a fork, then tip in the pancetta and mushroom filling.
8. Make sure it is thoroughly mixed. Then scoop the potato mixture back into the potato skins.
|Stuff those potato skins, stuff ’em good.
9. Top with a generous handful of Parmesan.
10. Place under a hot grill until the Parmesan is golden brown and bubbling.
Look at all that smoldering golden brown cheese, I think its calling me!