Looking for a biscuit to satisfy your cravings but that doesn’t send you over the edge with sugar & calories? Then keep reading….. I found these delicious biscuits on the babycentre website.
Whilst they do contain sugar and butter, it is not by the bucket load.
They also have the added benefit of oats, cranberries & wholemeal flour.
75g caster sugar
100g unsalted butter
grated zest of 1 orange
100g plain white flour
50g wholemeal flour
50g dried cranberries
50g rolled porridge oats
makes approx 12 biscuits
Oaty Cranberry and Orange Biscuits
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/gas mark 5.
2. Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and orange zest then stir in the cranberries.
3. Stir in the flours, making a soft but not sticky dough.
4. Roll the mixture into balls, roughly the size of a walnut. Drop each ball into a bowl of oats and press gently to coat.
5. Place each ball on a greased baking tray and press lightly with a fork to flatten. bake for 10-15 minutes until golden. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
They are pretty quick and easy to make so give them a go.
They may just rival your all time favourite biscuit?