Cup a Cake
We’ve all heard of a cup a soup, but have you heard of a cup a cake?
Then read on, you’re in for a treat.
Hands up those of you who prefer cake to soup…….
Ooo good, then a Cup a Cake is just for you!
In about the same time it takes to make a cup a soup you could be devouring a cup full of squidgy, chocolatey, fudgy cake with a little molten Easter surprise centre!
Honestly it’s so quick & easy.
The idea originally came from the Mug Cakes cook book. But unable to leave a recipe alone I’ve tweaked the idea to make it even more chocolatey, even more indulgent, even more naughty!
So grab your chosen cup…
1. Put 2 heaped dessert spoons soft margarine into your cup and microwave for 10-20 seconds until melted.
2. Add 2 heaped dessert spoons of caster sugar, 1 heaped dessert spoon of soft brown sugar & 1 of cocoa powder to the melted butter and mix thoroughly.
3. Pop in 1 egg yolk and half a teaspoon vanilla extract and beat together once more.
4. Throw in 4 heaped dessert spoons of self raising flour and a pinch of salt & mix in until all combined.
5. Now the fun begins! Use a spoon to dig a small hole in the chocolaty mixture then take an unwrapped creme egg and bury it! Make sure the egg is completely covered by chocolate mixture.
6. Now pop your creation into your microwave for 30 seconds. Then leave to stand for a few seconds then blast it once more for approx 30 seconds. Keep a close eye on this stage. If it looks like its under done pop it back in for another 10 seconds. But be warned, over cook it at your peril as you’ll miss out on the fudgy like consistency. Oh and your microwave may end up coated in chocolate.
7. Once cooked take it out and leave to cool slightly then plop some double cream on top and even more chocolate to finish!
Seen as though it’s nearly Easter, lets add in some chicks.
Be warned these chicks may look cute and cuddly, but they put up quite a fight for the Cup a Cake!
Ok sorry chicks, but nothing is going to stop me getting my mitts on this!
If you dig deep you’ll find the creme egg centre, which will be melted and gooey.
This is my kind of dippy egg!
These chicks are feisty little devils! They’re all over the Cup a Cake.
Lets just say a Cup a Cake is a hell of a lot more naughty than a Cup a Soup.
Naughty, but nice!
However Easter is fast approaching so if there is ever a time to indulge in chocolate then now is that time!
So grab your cups and creme eggs….
& get ready to be naughty!