As spring starts to draw near I like to dream about luxurious sunny holidays sitting by a beach eating freshly cooked fish by the sea, listening to the waves lapping at the shore.
Whilst the sunny holiday may be a long way off, eating the delicious freshly cooked fish is only a snap of a crabs claw away!
Bring out my Crab & Crayfish Linguine…..
This is a light summery dish with bags full of flavour.
A kick of chilli, a dash of lemon & hints of parsley & chives. In my book its spring on a plate!
A plate of this can be whipped up in no time at all.
All you need is a few simple fresh ingredients:
100g fresh white crab meat
Half red onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 red chilli, finely chopped
Handful each of fresh parsley & chives, chopped
Zest of half a lemon, finely chopped
Lemon wedges & extra herbs to serve
serves 2-3 people
1. Cook the linguine as per the packet instructions.
2. Meanwhile, toss the butter into a frying pan and gently melt. Then add in the onions to sweat on a medium heat until soft.
3. Chuck in the chilli, garlic, lemon zest and gently fry for a minute or two.
4. Then throw in the herbs, crab & crayfish and cook for 2-3 minutes to heat through.
5. Toss in the cooked drained pasta and stir through.
Serve with a large wedge of lemon and an extra sprinkle of the fresh herbs.
Give the lemon wedge a good squeeze. Aiming to get it mainly over your food, not the entire table and guests!
Then tuck in to your heart’s content!
All that’s left to do is crack open a bottle of wine & settle down to listen to the waves (if you’re lucky enough to live by the sea).