Sweet & salty is my new favourite flavour combination.
And these cookies deliver the dual taste sensation in bucket loads.
Since trying american pancakes the taste of a salty crunch in amongst a delicious sweet treat has stuck with me.
So I’ve adapted an old recipe I’ve baked previously, to create the perfect combination of salty and sweet in cookie form.
200g dark chocolate, cut into small chunks
200g milk chocolate, cut into small chunks
100g light muscovado sugar
85g butter, softened
100g cashew nut butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
100g self raising flour
100g salted cashew nuts
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/170C Fan/Gas 4.
2. Line 2 baking trays with baking parchment.
3. Melt 100g of the dark chocolate chunks.
4. Tip in the sugar, butter, cashew nut butter, egg and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
5. Add in the flour, milk chocolate chunks and the nuts then stir well.
6. Drop the mixture onto the baking trays into 12 blobs. There is no need to flatten the blobs.
7. Pop as much of the remaining dark chocolate as you desire on top of the blobs of cookie mixture.
8. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
9. Leave on the trays for a few minutes to begin cooling, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Then dive in!
BE WARNED these Chocolate Salted Cashew Cookies are not for the faint hearted!
They are EXTREMELY chocolaty and sweet with salty undertones.
But for the hardcore sweet toothed individuals amongst us they are cookie heaven!