Oh You Sexy Mousse!
Looking for the recipe for love? My Sexy Chocolate Mousse could be just the ticket!
So Valentines Day has been & gone, but I refuse to only bring out the romance just one day a year! So I have a fool proof recipe for a dessert to set the romantic tone any day of the week.
Bring out my Sexy Chocolate Mousse. Ta Dah…
A decadent dark chocolate mousse. So creamy and luxurious.
So simple it can be whipped up for a weekend feast, or a mid week quick pud. There are no limits to when romance might strike!
With only 5 ingredients:
6oz Dark Chocolate
2oz Caster Sugar
100mls Double Cream
1. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over boiling water then stir in the butter until melted. Leave to one side to cool.
2. Whisk the egg yolks & sugar until pale and fluffy. Stir into the COOLED chocolate mixture.
3. In seperate bowls, whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks.
4. Then whisk the double cream to soft peaks.
5. Fold the egg whites then the cream gently into the chocolate mixture until combined.
6. Put into cups or ramikins and chill for a few hours to set.
This can be made the night before & left to set in the fridge overnight.
Then pray the cleaning fairies will come to wash up all the bowls you’ve used!
Serve the chocolate mousse in the prettiest cups you have.
Then light some candles to set the romantic mood.
Top with crushed meringues or a crunchy tuille biscuit.
Time to dive straight in. Oh go on you know you want to.
After all dark chocolate is a known aphrodisiac, right?
Team the Sexy Mousse up with my Heart Warming Lasagne & you have the perfect end to a romantic meal.