Chicken Salad with Asian Slaw and Curried Croutons
If you only try one salad this summer it has to be this Chicken Salad.
This knock out salad arrived in a recent Hello Fresh box.
If you’ve not heard about Hello Fresh before then have a read here.
For a sneaky £25 OFF your first box, scroll to the bottom of the post.
This Asian Chicken Salad was my favourite dish from the box.
1 small ciabatta
1/2 tbsp curry powder
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
2 chicken breast
1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
5 tbsp coriander, chopped
2 carrots, grated
1/4 red onion, sliced
1 red pepper, sliced
1. Preheat your oven to 200C.
2. Cut the ciabatta into 2cm sized chunks. Pop them into a bowl and sprinkle over half the curry powder. Mix well to ensure the ciabatta chunks are evenly coated. Pop them on a baking tray and drizzle over 1 tbsp olive oil. Bake for 8 mins and then keep to one side.
3. Pop the chicken breasts into the same bowl you used for the croutons and sprinkle over the remaining curry powder, 1/2 tbsp of soy sauce and 1/2 tbsp of oil. Mix well to make sure the chicken is evenly coated.
4. Cook the chicken breasts in a frying pan on a high heat for 2 minutes on each side. Transfer them to a baking tray and roast in the oven for 15-18 mins.
5. Meanwhile, roughly chop the coriander. Grate the carrots. Slice the onion and red pepper. Pop all into a clean bowl.
6. In a small bowl mix the juice of the lime with 2 tsp of sugar and the remaining soy sauce. Pour this over the salad and mix well.
7. Serve the roasted chicken & croutons on top of a bed of the glorious salad and tuck in.
Thank you Hello Fresh for yet another delicious meal I can recreate time & again!
For £25 OFF your first box simply type in this code at the checkout.