Cheats Almond Croissants
I love baking everything from scratch but sometimes I love taking the quick route to a delicious snack!
These delectable almond croissants deliver an abundance of flavour, but none of the faff! I've used 2 cans of Jus-Rol Bake It Fresh Croissant Dough and filled the 12 croissant triangles with Paul Hollywood's frangipane paste.
1. Preheat the oven to 200/180 fan/gas mark 6. Put the butter and sugar into a bowl and mix with an electric whisk for 3 minutes. Add 2 of the eggs and a good tablespoon of the flour and mix for a further 2 minutes.
2. Now add the remaining flour, baking powder, ground almonds and almond extract. Mix for another 2 minutes. The frangipane is now ready to use.
3. Open up the cans of croissant dough and cut out the triangles. Lay each triangle out and pop a dessert spoon of the paste onto the thicker end of the triangle and swipe it up towards the point.
4. Roll up the triangles from the thicker end towards the point.
5. Place them on a baking tray lined with baking parchment.
6. Make sure the point is tucked under the croissant when placed on the tray otherwise they balloon! As this little beauty did!
7. Brush the tops of the croissants with the remaining egg (lightly beaten) and sprinkle flaked almonds over.
8. Pop in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.
9. Leave to cool a little on a cooling rack.
Ok so there is a tiny bit of faff- you can’t have something this good without a small amount of elbow grease!