Dinner dinner dinner dinner…..Batman!
I’ve been humming this tune ever since my nephew asked for Batman on top of the cupcakes I was to make for his birthday party!
My initial reaction to his request was sheer panic! I am mildly artistically challenged so this was going to be tough!
I needed HELP!
Fear not though as it appeared that eBay was a wash with wafer cupcake toppers with whatever superhero I needed!
Wafer paper Batman images were to SAVE the day!
12oz caster sugar
6 large eggs
12oz self-raising flour
3 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla essence
For the icing
24oz icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180C
2. Place 48 cupcake cases onto a cupcake tray. KAPOW!
3. Cream together the margarine and sugar in a bowl.
4. KER-PLOP in the 6 eggs and a bit of flour and fold.
5. Tip in the rest of the flour, baking powder, vanilla essence and continue to fold the mixture together until it is all combined.
6. SPLAT the mixture into the 48 cupcake cases (1 heaped tsp in each case).
7. THWACK them into the oven for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
8. Once cooked, leave to cool on a cooling rack.
9. Meanwhile make the icing by beating together the margarine and icing sugar a bit at a time. BAM!
10. Dollop a large spoonful of icing onto the cooled cupcakes and flatten down with a knife.
11. POP the wafer Batman images on top!
And they’re done. BOOM!