Almond, Pecan & Orange Biscotti & A Giveaway
I’m besotted with biscotti.
Somehow biscotti have managed to escape my radar. It’s not something I’ve baked before or even eaten before come to mention it.
So after watching the Great British Bake Off 2015 and seeing how easy they were to make, I decided to give them a go.
I can safely say I am now hooked!
I loosely used the recipe from the Great British Bake Off 2015 Cookbook: Celebrations to make my biscotti. They started out as Almond & Orange, but due to not having enough almonds they quickly became Almond, Pecan & Orange Biscotti!
Almond, Pecan & Orange Biscotti
FOR THE BISCOTTI
250g plain flour
250g caster sugar
Half tsp baking powder
100g flaked almonds
100g pecans, chopped
Zest one large orange, finely grated
FOR THE ICING
Approx 8 tbsp icing sugar
3 tbsp juice of an orange
1.Preheat the oven to 170C/325F/gas 3.
2. Put the flour, sugar, baking powder into a bowl & mix together.
3. Beat the eggs gently in a seperate bowl, then slowly pour into the flour mix. Mix until it forms a dough.
4. Add in the nuts & orange zest and work into the dough until thoroughly combined.
5. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead for a few seconds.
6. Divide the mixture in 2 then roll each half into a log shape roughly 25 cm long.
7. Place both logs onto a lined baking tray.
8. Pop the tray into the oven for 25 minutes until the logs are golden & firm to touch.
9. Take the biscotti logs out of the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes.
10. Then take each log and place onto a chopping board. Slice on the diagonal approx 1.5-2cm per slice. Then lay each slice on its side onto a lined baking tray.
11. Pop the sliced biscotti back into the oven for 5-7 minutes then turn each slice over and place into the oven for another 5-7 minutes. They should be golden brown on each side.
12. Once baked, transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
13. Meanwhile, make up the icing by adding the juice of the orange to the icing sugar and giving a good stir until combined to form a reasonably stiff icing. Drizzle freely over the cool biscotti!
14. Store in an air tight container.
To WIN a brand new copy of the 2015 Great British Bake Off Cookbook follow this link.