To celebrate the start of the Great British Bake Off I’ve baked some cakes.
To celebrate the sunshine I’ve made Mr Whippy inspired 99 cupcakes with a flake!
With a delicious vanilla icing piled up high.
FOR THE CAKE
4oz caster sugar
4oz self raising flour
FOR THE ICING
12oz icing sugar
1tsp vanilla paste/essence
Flakes to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 180/160fan/Gas 4.
2. Place 12 cake cases onto a cupcake tray.
3. Cream together the margarine and sugar in a bowl.
4. Add in the 2 eggs and a bit of the flour and fold.
5. Tip in the rest of the flour and continue to fold the mixture together until all combined.
6. Add in a little milk until the mixture is of dropping consistency.
7. Spoon the mixture into the 12 cake cases.
8. Pop into the oven for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
9. Once cooked, leave to cool on a cooling rack.
10. Meanwhile make the icing by beating together the margarine and icing sugar a bit at a time.
11. Add in the vanilla paste.
12. Spoon the icing into a piping bag
13. Once the cakes are cooled start to ice.
14. Swirl the icing high to resemble a Mr Whippy ice cream and decorate with a flake.
Makes 12 cakes
Now its time to start playing your best ice cream van music!
Do you eat the flake first or save it until last?